Friday, January 4, 2013

religion or relationship??

yesterday I was SSSSOOOOOO blessed to take Laura out to lunch and just hang out.. I mean I am old she is young but God has had her bless me over 5 years.. I have seen her grow in the Lord and I am thankful for what he has done, she has grown so much in the Lord and us being able to talk about eternal things !!!
.... as we were out yesterday we went in Barnes and Noble and we were looking.. I was looking for sign language cards because Andrew LOVES his and knows them already so I thought I would get him more, so as we were looking a young man walks up and I saw he worked there and I ask him about these cards, he took me to the section but before we headed that way I noticed his name... it was Andrew!... I always love running into people with the name Andrew because it is a great time for me to ask if they know about his name in the scriptures, well this time was no different... I ask............  and he had no idea :(  then he proceeded to tell us he is not and his parents were not really into religion.. my heart sank.... I have heard this many times and it makes me sad...

Jesus wants a PERSONAL relationship with you!... its not a religion... as a matter of fact Jesus always was speaking against the religious people... its not a box of items that we check off
It is a face to face meeting with God himself....

so if you know me well then you know what happened next..........  I was able to share with him Andrew in the scriptures , he did not seem interested but I know that a seed was planted ....  I pray it fell on good soil!  I ask we pray for Andrew and his family...

I am always telling the kiddos that we need to be intentional about seeing situations that we can share the scriptures with someone... you never know what seed will come to bear....

No comments:

Post a Comment