Tuesday, January 22, 2013

could this just be our ANSWER???

I, for, years since Caleb was about 3 months or so thought that he was allergic to something...  He stayed sick so much as a little one, I mean, I would carry a box of tissues where ever we went because you know what is coming next.... snot.... I mean ALOT!!!! ask his preschool teachers :)  we did everything from taking out the tonsils to adenoids to tubes in his ears...... and UGH it just never worked... we had blood work done when he was small, we had allergy test run, we went to COUNTLESS numbers of Dr's trying to find out what was wrong with our Kiddo!.. we were exhausted to say the least, when he was 5 his Asthma  flared up pretty bad, between hospital stays and meds, exhaustion, breathing machines ... we made it through!!!

we had about 4 years where things seemed to improve, we had pretty much changed our diets, less time eating out, and changing to whole wheat everything....

I have already wrote a post about Caleb and our happenings over the past 6 month... (go back and read if you would like) though a turn of events (after having the worst week ever on the 2nd week of his antibiotics) I decided to take it into my own hands...

to make a long story short, we have taken Gluten out of his diet!  I am finding out by many and my research that this can really only be detected  through a saliva test...He has so many signs of this..... soooooo we started last Thursday and we have seen improvement... he once could not even jump on the trampoline for fear his joints would hurt or swell, I am happy to report since Saturday he has jumped on the trampoline EVERY day.. we have has NO issues.....  is this our answer????

only time will tell!

1 comment:

  1. So sweet, and so thankful you guys are getting an answer!!

    ReplyDelete