Monday, January 7, 2013

and the house needed a little attention!

well today was a great day only minimal yelling... oh have I ever confessed that I HATE being a yeller!... I am a work in progress and realize that in my own strength I CAN'T do it!  only through Him am I able to not do this... well this post is not about yelling..... maybe later.... maybe..... well just pray for me!...

One of the things that has been on my heart for a LONG time is to have a home where you feel like you belong, can put up your feet, have some coffee, relax, and just feel like you are welcomed! well I have struggle for years now about our home... was it to nice? was it too expensive? did it send off a signal that we were better than anyone? so many weird questions I would ask... should we put it on the market? could we be better stewards of the Lords money? well after attempting to sell about 3 years ago and no luck we contemplated it about a year ago but then God had us in a quiet place, I mean quiet... we want to adopt but God again showed us to be still!.. so we have been...  little things are happening but not at the pace we normally go... 90 to nothing!.. I am good with it... slow down, enjoy the moment.... oh how they fly!... 

well back to our home needing a little attention... Tonight as the ladies that I meet with on Monday nights to do bible study with came in an my house was a little messy. Clothes in the chair, kiddos running a little wild, mini apple pies in the oven (oh BTW they were YUMMY), toys strewn, naked Andrew running after the bath... just a little chaotic, then I said I am so sorry... pick up stuff and then sat down, as I was talking it made me think and say... I had drop in company today... I had Lindsey drop in and it was so nice to catch up, talk of eternal things, prayed together and it was such a SWEET time.. I just love her and her heart and the many peoples lives she touches...then a little later  I also had my sister and niece come over for a short time today, this was their first day homeschooling and it was nice to talk about that and to hear the excitement that she has and knowing that she is right where the Lord wants her!  then some more eternal things were talked about....And then tonight sitting on the bed with Jenna and Jamie studying the word and looking at an awesome book with the chapter on creation tonight... incredible!   

so after they left and I was fixing dinner I started thinking and praising God that our home is open, hopefully welcoming, loving, relaxing and things of the Lord are spoke of!... I am rejoicing that the Lord allows me, a sinner, to be a part of Him... His hands, His feet....

1 comment: