Monday, April 16, 2012

It's good to say sorry to your children...




Last night was AWFUL... well if you lived in this household... I had spent 2 FULL days purging and a weekend with little time so I was exhausted to say the least!.. BUT no excuses here because my heart was just FULL of SIN...... I could name all the sins but I won't because THANKFULLY repentant heart covered those with GRACE!... the house was a mess and no one seemed to want to put anything away and I had a pity moment.... OH but what a God moment it was when we had a "family" meeting and I was able to apologize for my behavior and ask these BEAUTIFUL children for forgiveness!.. it blessed my heart for each of them to say "i forgive you!".. knowing that they can see me being restored and see that we all make mistakes and I am by NO means perfect!.. It did get Doug and I thinking maybe their hearts are a little unthankful, so we talked about that!....  mmmmm Jen G, we might have to start a thankful journal in our kitchen!

1 comment:

  1. Girl, we ALL have those moments...you aren't the only one because we ALL are sinners! THANKFUL for family who forgives,and a God who sanctifies! We are loving, loving, loving our thankful journal! You won't regret it...constant reminder to be thankful, even giving the "hard" thanks! Love you all! BTW, this is a GREAT picture of the kids!!! Where was it taken?

    ReplyDelete