Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The "dare"

What a BEAUTIFUL, I mean BEAUTIFUL day here!...  grass is green, trees in FULL bloom, dogs crashed in the lawn, sun beaming and the smell of grass in the air!...  This morning as I finished getting the kiddos ready for their school day, I sat down for a few, and read more pages in a book called ONE THOUSAND GIFTS.. got this for my birthday from Michele (EVERYONE who has read this book says it is WONDERFUL!) so I started reading a few days after I got it but with busy schedules and convictions about not being in God's word (when I am reading other books). I mean my quiet time with the Lord in the morning still happens.. well I am just rambling..  all this to say I have ALWAYS felt guilt if I have time to be in a christian book then why not the bible...  well I know that there is no guilt in Christ, I mean it is OK if I read a book....  then you get into the book thing and I am a FIRM believer if it is not a book that will bring Glory to God then for me I just can't read it... I don't want my mind to wonder, I am visual and some of the images that seem to be portrayed in books today are not good for me, so i just focus on things of the Lord and then I can through the Spirit keep my mind pure!..  ANYWAY... this book has thus far been great! I am now at the part where she realizes her joy comes from things she already has, nothing new but what the Lord has already given her. Our society today is about more, more and more and this is not how it should be!.. so I will start the "dare"... have not got passed this part so don't spoil it for me :)

1. God and his perfection whom I have salvation through His Son
2. Doug and his unconditional love for me
3.Alexis who is beautiful inside and out
4. Caleb and his sweet and quiet spirit
5. Lane my free spirit cutie
6. Andrew and his sweet smile
7. Parents who love me even though I wanna talk about Jesus all the time
8. Kathy and the journey they are embarking on
9. friends who I can share things of the Lord with
10. friends who I love so much even if they are distant

No comments:

Post a Comment