Tuesday, April 10, 2012

10:25 and I should be asleep BUT

Do you ever have those restless nights.. well tonight is one... The Lord has sooo much on my heart and blogging does seem to "deposit" out of my heart and head to something like this computer.  As I have said before when I started blogging 2 years ago I could NOT keep up with scrapbooking and ALL the stuff that comes with it.. not only that the supplies are expensive :)  and I would go through spurts of making pages then four kiddos and there goes the time!... I have so enjoyed writing "my heart"  so that one day the kiddos will read each one and see where my heart was!.. hopefully they will see spiritual growth, ongoing activities, thankful spirit, hurts, and just my heart!.. As much as we would like to believe that the life of a Christian is easy let me assure you it is not!.. we face trials, joys and lots of rejection!... I am realizing (I have been a Christian for many years) more and more that I wanna be like Christ there is a cost!.. a heavy cost.. scripture says in

Mark 8:34 "And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Luke 14:26,27 "If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

I want my life to reflect these verses.. to the world it would look like hate.. But remember it is not literal hate it is LOVING God so much that the world would think it was hate..  Jesus wants our whole attention and devotion. It cannot go to another person or thing. There is an individual cost that each must give in order to pick up his cross.

As I enter each day I must lean on the scripture...
Hebrews: 12:2 " Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith..."

so as I carry burdens of others and lift others in prayer to the throne may I love Him so much more tomorrow than I do today! 

 more of my "thanks"

31.  unexpected call from Joy to make me laugh..
32. nice long drive to Callaway and listening and talking to Kathy
33. giggles in the back seat!.. 5 kiddos wow!
34. blog that reminds me of His faithfulness.
35.playing monkey in the middle with a soccer ball.
36. my run yesterday
37. friend who is feeling much better.
38. enough gas to get home so I did not have to stop
39. His protection as we traveled today
40. bible study last night at soccer field



No comments:

Post a Comment