Monday, March 11, 2013

precious treasure

Last night after we left family bible study (it was at the Fredrick's this week) , we were driving down 41 about 3 to 4 miles from their house and as we were talking Doug said, "I just heard my bible!, I left it on top of the van!!!!" he was in a panic!!!... we start searching in the van BUT it was not there and we knew he had left it on the top..... we found the nearest turn around (its a 4 lane road) and started driving back... would we ever find it?? He was starting to get frazzled... I was staring on the road looking to see if I saw some type of shadow.... we finally get back to a turning lane and just as we did ...I saw it! It  was in the middle of the road on the opposite side of where we were... I see lights coming and say a quick prayer for his safety as he runs through the median :)  He grabbed it and got back in the car...
He was RELIEVED he found his bible!!!! ... it was tattered, binding had come off, BUT.... all the scriptures were there.... from Genesis to Revelation!!
we thanked God for this!...


So why was this bible so important???

Its Gods revelation of himself!
Its perfect!
Its a mirror!
It has EVERYTHING we need to live our lives pleasing to God!
and I could go on and on with the reasons....

Its a beautiful treasure and we are so blessed to have it accessible to us anytime anywhere in the US!


we are thankful God found it fit for us to find HIS bible!

No comments:

Post a Comment