Monday, February 18, 2013

little did I know............

Little did I know that Saturdays post would be so HUGE!!!  yes I am a work in progress!... but I wanted to share a little story of this morning................. quite frankly some if it is a little embarrassing BUT the bigger picture is HUGE!!! and the details are so important!

last week as Doug and I were looking at the bills coming up and we knew we were gonna be short... as much so that our power bill was not gonna be covered, of course I was saying... I trust you Lord, I trust you Lord and I know you will provide BUT on the inside I doubted, I doubted that he would take care of us..... On Thursday or Friday I get an email that the family we sponsor in Uganda was due and it came down to our power or this family eating!... I was SOOOOO torn up on the inside!... I was short with the kiddos, Doug , and just had a yucky attitude!!! so we got through the weekend... I started thinking back and this was the FIRST time something like this had EVER happened money wise ... of course we could have just easily put n the credit card BUT we did not want to do that either... so we waited!!!  


This morning was a "ahhh haaaa", I told you so .... type what  happened.... I write this still in tears at what transpired!!!!...

I call Doug and remind him that we need to call the power company to see if they will give us some grace... while in my mind saying "are you kidding me", so I told Doug that I would text him the phone number so we could see what the LAST possible day was to pay... frankly I was scared to call, something about rejection I guess, so as I was looking at the bill to see the number I thought... Lord, Doug is in the middle of a thousand things and I am gonna just face this!.... so glad the Lord sees all this fit at the right timing! so I called... scared of what they may say... thoughts entered my head... of course CRAY ones!!!.... so I get on the phone and I ask the Lady what the last day to pay is and she ask me to hold, so I did... she came back and said "Honey, you have a credit on your account" I said .. really..." "how is this" she said "your bill was paid back on January 30"... I felt it coming and of course it did... I started sobbing..... I told her, "now this momma can feed her children in Uganda".. she got quiet... I quickly explained to her that this was a blessing from the Lord and he provides for His children!!! I pray that she saw the hand of God in that, more than just a lady that found out that her bill had already been paid BUT she saw God provided for the Lady in Uganda!!!!! I am in awe of what God did this morning!... I understand it doesn't matter how much we know the Lord, there is still unbelief that he will take care of his children!!!! 

God has ALWAYS provided and he used this moment in my life to sanctify me!... it had me balling my eyes out for the simple fact I want to trust Him even MORE!...

I am thankful that the Lord had Doug forget that he paid it so He could use this as a lesson for me!!!

more details in this BUT you get the picture... I doubted, He provided!!!PLUS we ended with a credit on our power bill next month!!!  .... may I take this and always be reminded of His goodness!!!  

1 comment:

  1. Love this girl!! Just.beautiful. I cannot recommend enough the story God's Smuggler by Brother Andrew....full of stories like this. When we bow in obedience, and humble ourselves...and yes, sometimes denying ourselves for His glory, God provides! Amen and amen! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete