Tuesday, March 26, 2013

no sleep = a reminder from God

Last night!... doozie!....  I have been up all night..... not one wink of sleep! and soooo has Andrew... I put Him to bed about 7:30 last night, he went to bed at about 8 and so Doug and I went to bed about 10 ish... well around 10:30 ish Andrew cries out.. I go check... he is fine just needs to be covered back up... about 30 mins later I hear the pitter pats of his feet coming down the stairs.. but too tired to take him back up he gets in the bed..(which has become a habit BUT I am thankful)... then the kicking starts, flailing, and arms flapping!... so finally I decide to get up and move him to the mattress that is in our room since the stomach bug hit our house :) so I am thinking "great! sleep" ummm no... he is wide awake...  soooo I make him lay down.. by 4 this morning I am at wits end... still recovering from the bug myself I am worn thin... so Doug makes the coffee and I grab a cup...

 I log onto my facebook and I have a couple that I follow that are missionaries in Kenya they have 4 kiddos and he is a doctor at a hospital there... well last week their daughter was very sick and within 3 days she died... heartbreaking! she was 15 months old and they said she had a brain tumor and it was quick... I had logged into his last blog post on March 22 and he was writing about their flights etc and then he said what he would give to have her back, to have her grab his leg and play games....

 CONVICTION I tell you!...
God always reminds me!... and it sent me to repentance... I cried!...

I am so thankful that Andrew keeps me awake, cries out when he needs to be covered, tells me there is a snake in his bed, sings bless the Lord oh my soul, waves and smiles sooo big when I pick him up from preschool, says can I watch an episode of cailou, and I could go on!.... Thank you God for the reminder!! and as I type this... he is sleeping :)

No comments:

Post a Comment