Monday, February 4, 2013

This weekend...

oh my I LOVE weekends.... so many reasons why... but we have a Friday night tradition that we have had for about 2 years.... FAMILY MOVIE night!!!.... well this Friday was a little different, Lane, was spending the night off and I know for me when on of the kiddos is gone it just seems "off" and it did but we went on!... we watched Monk, Good luck Charlie, and "no bad parts" of Psych... we don't always do "movies" but nevertheless we are together... same room!... Doug makes the "famous" popcorn (the gals and Caleb like chocolate chips in ours, daddy, not so much!)  its fun... Doug and Alexis pull out the card table and put a puzzle together.... he always buys one on the way home!... I sit on the couch and sometimes catch up on pinterest and Caleb and lane are always interested fully in the movie of show... sometime we let Andrew stay up if he is not fussy... but usually he is in bed because we don't usually start till 8:30ish and here lately we stay up till 11:30 or midnight.... so it is fun and memories in the making!!!....

this Saturday we took the kiddos to open savings accounts... they had gone 1 year with out a soda so we said we would give them $5.00 per month... well Alexis and Caleb stuck to it , Lane not so much!... so they deposited their money and some that they had saved and a savings bond that they received in 2003... yep we JUST deposited it!....
Alexis and I went to the funeral home for a sweet young lady whose grandfather had passed away so we went and loved on her for a few minutes.... at 4:00 Doug took the girls to Daddy daughter night at Chickfila .... Doug and I know how important it is for a  DADDY to capture a girls heart... this is one thing that Doug is so good at!... they love daddy!

Saturday night we hung out at the house.. we were all so tired and just chilled... think we were asleep by 10....

Sunday we went to church... our faith family.... I love them so!... went to lunch with sweet friends and Alexis had company over, Lane and Caleb went to a friends house... that afternoon we have Family Bible Study... MY FAVORITE TIME... I always love to see who the Lord has at the house.... I am BLESSED each week!.... 

I can't even begin to express how grateful I am for God's grace.... I see it everyday!.....

No comments:

Post a Comment