Sunday, October 6, 2013

pictures always look different!

Sometimes being strong and having an I can do anything personality can be sooooo discourging at times! we think we can do it all, our husbands think we can do it all, our children, parents, and our friends think we can too!.. it really stinks at times ... sometimes you just need to cry, vent, or just take a bath to bring yourself back to reality!... I myself have had these days since the boys have got here... most everyone knows that we are fostering 2 boys and have 4 of our own, so add that up and you have 6... its tough! I am leaning on Gods grace sooooo much...

I have felt lonely at times because everyone thinks we have it together all the time... some days I just want the phone to ring with a voice that says "how are you?? or hey you need a prayer?? or a text ...this has not happened very much... sadly but I know everyone is so busy ! BUT God has done so much sanctification in my own life these past weeks... He knows what is good for me... and I have leaned on Him so much during these weeks... we always have these images in our minds on how things look....... ummm they are NEVER the same images in real life...

Fostering is a blessing and we are able to care for these boys while mom gets her things together BUT this is not the picture I had in my mind....
although it is amazing how God gave us these boys and they look sooooo much like our family!...
Fostering is hard BUT oh the love the boys are getting here is amazing to see...
Fostering is life changing BUT what they are showing us about how important it is to reach out into our own community and really what goes on in our backyard!
Fostering is the heart of God, these boys are without their family so we must love, nurture and share with them.
Fostering is about Him and His children...
Fostering has made me realize more that the state has in trusted these children to us and even more importantly that God has in trusted all these children to our care including our own!

I am thankful that God has lead us to care for these boys, even when the picture in our minds did not look like it is! His grace is enough! and that I am thankful!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment