Monday, October 7, 2013

The good, bad, and ugly.....

since I wrote my blog yesterday I have thought back and pondered should I have put it out on facebook... the main reason I do this is so my mom and family can read on what is going on in my life and heart... BUT yesterdays post spoke to so many, they may not be going through exactly what we are BUT there is something else that may be... I was encouraged that I am not in this thing called life alone.. I am so grateful that the Lord sustains me in times of need, His grace is sufficient, and He is enough. My blog is my thoughts and heart... I tried for years to do scrapbooks with in the end feeling like a total failure because I still only have Alexis' 1st year done... people she is 12!!!!!!

so my blog is the GOOD...... family trips, friends, extended family, mountain top experiences, kiddos, thankful list, dogs, garden, cute sayings the kids may say (well only one but it was cute), my mission trip to East Asia, and the list goes on....

so my blog is on the BAD..... life is messy at times... Ill be honest I hate the term "positive thinking" because it really does not matter if I think positive the Lord is sovereign and he will bring trial my way...
James tells us in verse 2-4......
2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4 Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
I know that God molds and shapes us into His image through the trials, so I consider it pure joy to face these

so my blog is on the UGLY..... this my friends is my heart when I am sinning...  I know my heart is full of sin and I am EVERY single day preaching the gospel to myself.... oh and the first part is ugly... God and His holiness, His perfection and myself who is the wretched sinner.... realizing with my sin I can not even be in His presence.. that is bad people... BUT oh the good is that He in his LOVING,GRACIOUS and KINDNESS sent His son to die on that cross so I may be saved through His blood and sacrifice... we need to be preaching this to ourselves EVERYDAY!!!

This so called life is not easy, just because you have Jesus does not keep us from trials, I will cling to the cross when things are good, bad, and ugly!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment