Wednesday, March 21, 2012

today..... Encourgement




This morning as I woke up.. pretty bright eyed and bushy tailed... Doug was running late so coffee was up to me.. those who know me well KNOW I HAVE to have a cup of coffee to get my day started along with quiet time with the Lord!... as I was sitting in my chair I thought, "lets go to airport rd park this morning".. I then logged on to facebook to update my status and I was gonna put "excited to see who the Lord is gonna put in my path today... then I decided not to put that so I deleted and finished getting the kiddos ready to take Lane to school....................  so we get to airport rd and we get out Alexis says "are we gonna run" uhhhh yes.. one reason why we are here... then the complaining started she had worn flip-flops and NO jacket, it was a little chilly.. anyway.. Caleb quickly gave up his jacket and then his complaining started "I'm cold"... so I could have got EASILY frustrated but I am realizing these types of situations bring out frustration and I was not gonna let it bother me soooooo off we went!... Andrew in stroller, Alexis beside me and Caleb a little back from us... not sure when you go to places like this if you watch people BUT I do!!!! so we did a few laps, Caleb wanted to do a QUICK 1/2 mile so I timed him and he did great.. about 4 minutes, hey I was proud! so I ask him if he needed water and he said yes so we went to the fountains and as I looked down there was 2 CD's that some one had burned that talked about Salvation and so I in my mind was like "this is great!" looked closer and it was GTY.ORG John MacArthur sermon on heaven... I was thinking "this is even better" it is SOUND DOCTRINE, THEOLOGY and I was thankful that someone had put them there... soooo we continued around the track again and my heart kept saying I would LOVE to meet the people who put them out!.. because lets face it MANY confess Christ BUT few wanna be held to the standard of Christ!.. especially in the south we say we are Christians BUT our lives show something different.. make no mistake I am not perfect! I make mistakes and do things I don't wanna do (Romans 7) and that is the beauty of the gospel .. I am forgiven and Lord please let me continue to have a heart that DESIRES to know my sin!... I MUST preach the gospel to my self daily (I LOVE Jerry Bridges book RESPECTABLE SINS) so as we were walking I met this couple and just started talking about the weather, exercise, etc and we parted we went on and we were done!.. well I thought....  kiddos need to go to the bathroom and so I waited outside looking at the water fountain AGAIN smiling this time because one of the CD's had been taken!...  so as I stand there a women said to her husband one is gone we need to put another one out... BAM... I see them, I am getting to see the people who care about others salvation by putting these on the water fountain and IMMEDIATELY I was convicted.. LORD MAY I BE SOOOOOO BOLD TO PUT YOUR WORD OUT!... may I take the time to burn sermons for the advancement of your kingdom!...  As I looked at this couple they were in I would say mid 60's we started talking and IMMEDIATELY our spirits connected..that is what happens , we are of the same mind! the mind of Christ! we talked for about 15 minutes and I was GRATEFUL, THANKFUL, BLESSED that TRUTH of God's word was a priority in their life.. They have blessed my day! then as most of you know I am a question asker and so I ask where they lived... guess what they live about 1.5 miles from me!... I know that the LORD IS SOVEREIGN and he puts those encourager's in your life at the right time when you maybe be struggling in some areas of your life! May we ALWAYS be focused on others and not ourselves BECAUSE you could be missing a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment