Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Do I have anything to complain about...

The boldest answer to that is NO!..  I am so richly blessed I can't even put into words how blessed we are. I am not talking about material things......I am talking about our Lord and who he is! . I am finding out more and more as I grow in the Lord that "things" just don't matter!.. because at the end of the day those things fade away BUT he is ALWAYS there!...

The reason I titled this blog Do I have anything to complain about... is because as a family we do a read aloud  we have done 3 C.S Lewis books and a couple of books that the kiddos wanted to do like Romona, one about a mouse (forgot that title) BUT now we have just started The Diary of Anne Frank.. we are about 1/4 of the way through and tonight as we were reading It was when they had built the cupboard over the door and they no longer went outside (this is my 1st time reading this and maybe they go out again not sure but don't spoil it for me :) .. as Doug was reading (which he has a GREAT reading voice) it brought me back to today, we went to the zoo, 1st time in 7 years at least and as we got in the car this morning I was so thankful to God for the birds, sun, car to drive, children in the back (even if they were fighting), and his creation!... we get to the zoo and pack all our stuff to head in for the day and I meet "my new friend" Laura in the parking lot and again I thank God for putting people in my path (they have adopted 2 from Ethiopia) that I may not have met in the town of Griffin!, we get to the gate and hand them my library card and voucher for our free tickets, walk through the gate and pay nothing (not the usual with 4 kiddos), and WOW there are the flamingos and say God you have created these BEAUTIFUL birds (although they stink LOL) and as the day went on I was in awe!... so as we sat to read this book and Anne said many times to "kitty"(her diary) that  they could not go outside.. and my heart sank!...  this family had to go to their attic in order to have a window to get rays of sunshine!... we can't even comprehend this! this sounds horrible!...I am always in need of a good reminder of how I am richly blessed!  we have absolutely NOTHING to complain about!...

No comments:

Post a Comment