Thursday, April 2, 2015

The blogs that are HARD!

seriously a friend said to me the other day that when your children are younger your blogs seem to be easier to write.. and OH,  DO I FIND THAT TRUE!!!! I have thought so many times that I had a blog on my tongue about the older kiddos to then... GO BLANK.... these years are hard.. no one REALLY wants to put into words some of the things that come with parenting pre-teens and teens.... It is hard.. like really hard.

I realize that 13 is tough.. hormones like crazy and sometimes cold hearts make for interesting school time and friends... I remember being there... it was tough... 13 is a year of testing boundaries and seeing how much freedom you can have... and add fostering to that... yep.. I'm real and times here have been quite hard ...BUT I know that God is doing a great work in these times in her and myself.. can I get a witness on any of this???

11 ALMOST 12....Boy... that is all I have to say... hormones.. yep... it happens and its real people.. I am sooo very thankful that Caleb about a month ago realized the magnitude of his sin against God.. not only outward sin but you know that sin the is deep.. like soooo deep?? GREAT conversations about taking that to the Lord, protecting your eyes and heart.. I am so grateful for these conversations!

9..... well its LANE that is 9... she is her own person and wants to wear makeup, shave her legs, straighten her hair and be ALL about fashion.. hang on baby.... use all that fire for God and His glory... You are a precious one... BUT 9 is hard.. she wants to be JUST LIKE THE BIG ones.. she is upset that she can't go on the mission trip with Bro David and Angela.. hang in there.. your time will come..

so as I blog about our older ones.. I am embracing these new challenges.. although they are tough... I welcome what God is doing... He is still on the throne and He will do a great work in all our hearts!

When life seems hard.... there is Gods word for EVERYTHING... we dont need any other source outside His word... so I hang on this!

James 1:2-4
Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment