Tuesday, August 14, 2012

He took her place...................

I have been wanting to sit and write this blog for a while and just could not get it "right" in my head....  but I think that God knew it was not the "right" timing!.. this am I woke up to Andrew 5:15am to be exact screaming out daddy....  mommy..... well if you know this house the kiddos should not get out of bed till at least the sun comes up! :) so I got him settled and then I was WIDE awake... well that means in my mind coffee and bible!....  well...... so I decided to read one of my favorite blogs..

http://www.aholyexperience.com/


well God said it was time!!.... so now I sit and tell this story of our sweet son Caleb.... well lets just back up.....  he is sweet but still a sinner like us ALL!... but he is a professing christian and we want to make sure that he NEVER has a false salvation....  all that to say is Doug and I want to be "fruit inspectors" and look here folks if our lives have no fruit then we really should revisit our salvation!...  

(Galatians 5:22-23) 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.





ALWAYS Lord show us glimpses of salvation in our children!

so on with the story... back about 3 weeks to a month ago we had Sunday evening worship and went out to eat with some friends, well you know what happens then.... spend the nights :) well Alexis went on with her friend and Lane wanted to have company at our house but her behavior had been not so good and she had 4 days of restriction and the answer of course was "NO!!!"  so we stood outside of pizza hut and Caleb came over to Doug and was in tears and said "I wanna take Lanes punishment so she can have Molly spend the night"....  WOW !!!!  it took us back for a quick moment and then Doug reminding  Caleb again that Christ did that for us! what a GREAT moment and also explaining that to Lane :)  we have to take moments like that and just praise God and thank Him for sooooo much and thanking Him for taking our place when we deserved that death!!!!!!!!.......  

If you love blogs this is one to follow!... God has given her a gift of writing .... Ann Voscamp is her name and her book is 1000 gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment