Monday, August 13, 2012

BEING a GOOD steward..... ???

one of the things that the Lord has dealt with me and Doug over the past 3 years at least is being good stewards of the money HE has in trusted us with!.... fail!!!!!....  we try sooooo very hard on saving and giving where we are lead by HIM to do, but we fail..... well at least I feel guilty!......... as I was growing up I lived with a single mom and I had everything that I needed and most of my wants  ... But we only went on 1 vacation BUT it was MEMORABLE!!!!  so growing up seeing mom struggle at times to make ends meet I think that made me who I am today! many of you know I have a sister ..... long story but for now it is not even about that anyway so details on that later :)   ... thankful that my growing up life shaped the way I shop and spend money etc....
I am FRUGAL... Doug is not!... Don't you just love how the Lord matches... to his defense he is a giver!... he LOVES to give and I am FOREVER thankful that his heart is for others! in many ways I wish I was a little freer with money to others but the Lord uses me in a different way!.. again LOVE how that works!... But to my post... sometimes I feel guilty when I need something.. many of you know I am runner and runners need good shoes... well me... I go to the store.... get the type of shoe that fits well and makes me feel comfortable running and so I go and buy that shoe!... well kinda I usually buy the one that is half price ($30 or so...).... well last time I bought shoes was about 6 months ago and guess what....  tore.. worn out already!....  so my whole post is really to be about the shoes that Doug surprised me with Saturday... I will not talk about the price because I will faint right at this computer sooooooo..... I am gonna keep them... one reason is my sweetie bought them... second...  they will last me about 500 miles....  third I will not have to replace them ANYTIME soon.....so I think in the long run he is right!... I JUST LOVE HIM!!!!  not because he buys me stuff.. my love language is acts of service... (unloading the dishwasher, folding clothes, etc...)  I am thankful for my husbands heart and thankful that he knows that this investment will last a long time..... I will continue to shop at Aldi, Goodwill, and any place that saves us money and then there is MORE to give!!!!!

 Ill post a picture of the shoes later!

No comments:

Post a Comment