Friday, June 20, 2014

most commonly ask question of a mom of 8!

as I stroll through the park, grocery store, doctors office, church, out at a restaurant and I have all my "ducklings" behind, beside, up on, pushing in the stroller the most common question is "How do you do it?" and I know that my response can be short, to the point, BUT oh, so true.... JESUS!!!.. you see God has saved me and now through the Holy Spirit I am able to have the fruit of the Spirit.

Galatians 5:22-23 
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

Am I always perfect at these attributes.. no... I fail,  I am a sinner BUT by the blood there is grace.. beautiful grace!

I want to see all of our foster children with His eyes... they have deep wounds , some that you and I will never have, I am assured that while in our home they hear Jesus, but not only hear Jesus BUT see Jesus!!! 

so as I even ask myself the same questions of being a mom of 8 and when when C is screaming her head off, J is pooping, L is in time-out, J is struggling with everyday skills, Andrew is needing me to play Jake and the never land pirates, Alexis is wanting me to kick the soccer ball with her, Lane is pulling out the card games, and Caleb is telling me a story, Doug needing his wife, dinner is needing to be cooked, toilets needing to be cleaned,  floors sticky, toys everywhere, hair bows stuck in the cup drawer, phone ringing, Dr appts, birthday parties, caseworkers, me needing a shower, dishes, and the list could go on and on.... so what is the answer???? JESUS! 

I love the scripture and it has spoke more to me in this season of life more than ever...

Philippians 4:13
I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

does he give me my years worth of strength?? no.. daily, minutely, secondly!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment