Saturday, June 29, 2013

learning from sunflowers

we have a garden... organic..... but we have realized it is not going to be as big as the past..... we use no pesticides, fertilizer, or any harmful anything... hey, if we depended on it as our only food source we would all be skin and bones... so we are already thinking of ways to improve it without all the pesticides!!!
 
BUT our sunflowers are going hog wild!!!! we always measure them everyday to see if they have gotten taller than any of the kiddos... they are taller than Andrew now..
 
to be honest I am struggling with anxiety... I am asking the Lord to settle my heart.. I leave in less than 2 weeks and all the crazy thoughts go through this head... poor Lane is struggling.. she is already missing me and I am not even gone yet! the other 2 seem to be fine BUT I know they will get a little more open as it gets closer..
 
I am so excited to go and I know God has shown me over and over that  He wants me to go!...
 
so a few days ago I went to the garden by myself to check our "goodies".. it was a BEAUTIFUL day!!! sun shining and then I looked over at the sunflowers and they were positioned toward the sun.. and God reminded me you just look at the SON!!! He will settle you, he will settle your heart, and he will settle the kiddos heart...
 
When I start to gaze in another direction I ask Him to gently move my eyes to focus back on Him!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment