Tuesday, September 25, 2012

"passion"

The other day I had a one on one date with Lane... it was a trip to Walmart to get groceries... whoo hooo... NOT!.. but being with my kiddos one on one is a BLESSING and RARE these days!.. I really want to do it more but with time and work and so many other factors I am thankful to the time I do.... BUT this is not what the blog is about :)  don't get me wrong I LOVED EVERY minute of it and we had a GREAT time!... any way!!!!
 
I ran into a friend that I have not seen in about a year, I really do miss her and her family, but as I homeschool, she works and her kiddos go to the local christian school our paths just do not cross that often... so we talked and caught up and her kiddos are getting soooooo big and mature... what happened to the little kiddos???  she ask me about Soul bags and Fox Fever and so I was telling her some neat things that the Lord was doing.. many of you know my passion... Gods word, truths of Gods word and Lords work... I LOVE talking about these things I guess you could say passion... well she made a comment that just got me thinking (since Thursday of last week)... she said "Angela, I love how YOU have such a passion"... well at the time I said thank you because I was thankful that she saw "passion" in my heart for Him and what the Lord was doing............. BUT it got me thinking "should we all have the passion about things of the Lord?" YES!!! of course but in this fallen world, sinful desires, flesh, and idols... how can we have a passion because we are so wrapped up in all these other things.... our minds are so full of temporal things, we are living for this world and not of eternal value stuff... just FYI I struggle with all the above.. I am not at all saying I am better than anyone, I have a plank in this eye! what I am saying is if we all were consumed in His word, His grace and His love, we would have a great heart of passion!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been asking the Lord to give me more of Him, more of Him, More Light, More Light!....  I am thankful she saw "passion" in me but again could I have more?? yes!... can you??? yes!  I am thankful that the Lord puts people in your path to help you realize how short we fall from fully giving all to Him!
I thank God for Cindy, I love her and her family and hoping we can see each other more often!

angela

No comments:

Post a Comment