Friday, February 27, 2015

Are we ever gonna be out of the diaper stage???

going on 14 years .. yep.. the diaper stage.... many times I thought man.... I am sooooo done with diapers... then BOOM!!! you get another foster baby in diapers! A sweet friend sent me an article on an almost retired couple that adopted teenagers!.. yep... that Winnebago is on hold!! 

You see God doesn't call us to be comfortable... He calls us to lean on Him... He doesn't call us to this "easy" life... He calls us to lean on Him... He doesn't call us to retirement... He calls us to serve Him till we go on to be with Him....

I have thought many times that it would be sooooo much easier if I had all figured out... But God calls us to trust in Him... A part of me thinks life would be so much easier if I didn't have 3 kiddos in diapers... changing... all.the.time... but then I realize the selfishness in that and realize foster care children HAVE NO ONE else.. foster care is the last resort.. no family can even take them for the most part.... WHO would change those diapers??? who would love them????who would wipe the snotty noses?????... who would comfort them?? who would give them siblings and a DADDY (BTW most don't even know who their dad is!)???

sooooooo... I continue to change diapers.... our children continue to show them what a sibling is like.... family gatherings..... family movie night.....Dr appts.......manners....... but most of all LOVE from the Father!!!    we press on .......

No comments:

Post a Comment